Whether you’re interested in Speck, need images for your article, or want to catch up on some light press release reading, you can find what you need here.
Media inquiries should be directed to:
+44 208 133 3140
New Speck Presidio iPhone Cases Built To Protect Against 10 Foot Drops
San Mateo, Calif. (September 7, 2016) - Today Speck unveiled Presidio, a superior slim line of smartphone cases designed to protect the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus against drops from extreme heights and everyday hazards.
Presidio is the slimmest and most protective line of cases ever designed by Speck. Presidio, Presidio GRIP, Presidio INKED, and Presidio WALLET are drop tested from 10 feet. In order to offer superior protection, Speck uses drop-testing standards that go beyond military standards used in previous Speck cases. Presidio CLEAR, Presidio CLEAR + GLITTER, and Presidio CLEAR + PRINT are drop tested from 8 feet to keep your phone safe from extreme drops while showing off your new iPhone. Every Presidio case is backed by Speck’s limited lifetime warranty.
Presidio features the IMPACTIUM™ Shock Barrier, Speck’s innovative new shock-suppression technology that protects your device without adding unnecessary bulk. IMPACTIUM™ is a dynamic shock-absorbing material that absorbs and disperses shock from impact. The material is co-molded with the case’s polycarbonate shell and formed into ridges on the inside perimeter of the case. When dropped, the ridges compress on impact to absorb and disperse shock. The result is a case that is slimmer and more protective than any case previously available from Speck.
“Shrinking the bulk-to-protection ratio is the fundamental design challenge we face as we continue to innovative in our industry,” said Speck’s design chief, Bryan Hynecek. “Presidio represents a significant breakthrough for the Speck design team. It is the most protective case we’ve built, and adds 20 percent less bulk to your device than CandyShell, which is already the standard for slim impact protection.”
The full Presidio line for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus includes:
- Presidio (from $39.95)—Superior slim protection with IMPACTIUM™ Shock Barrier ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio GRIP (from $39.95)—New grip design provides a no-slip grip from all angles ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio INKED (from $44.95)—Superior protection with vivid and elegant patterns ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio WALLET (from $44.95)—Side-loading slot holds three cards or cash ( iPhone 7 )
- Presidio CLEAR (from $39.95)—Next generation of the #1 best-selling clear case* in the US ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio CLEAR + GLITTER (from $44.95)—Crystal glitter dazzles and resists UV yellowing ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio CLEAR + PRINT (from $44.95)—Embedded designs won't fade or scratch ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
Presidio cases undergo a range of tests to demonstrate they can endure both extreme and everyday wear and tear. Tests include:
- Drop testing—In order to offer superior protection, Speck uses drop-testing standards that go beyond military standards used in previous Speck cases. Presidio cases are drop tested by a third-party lab.
- Environmental test—An environmental chamber exposes cases to high heat, low temperatures, and high humidity.
- UV test—Clear cases are tested that they will resist turning yellow or cloudy from exposure to the sun.
- Chemical test—Cases are exposed to lotions, oils, sunscreens and other chemicals inside an environmental chamber to demonstrate they will withstand long-term exposure without negative effects.
- Scratch and hardness test—Outer shell and coatings are tested to make sure they perform to a high level of scratch resistance.
Presidio cases are available now at speckproducts.com, Best Buy, Target, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Amazon.com.
*Source: The NPD Group / Retail Tracking Service / Cellphone Device Protection / December 2015-July 2016 / Based on Units and Dollars.< Back to Press Releases