Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about your new Speck iPhone or smartphone case? Whether it’s a recent purchase or a case you’re considering, we’re happy to help answer any questions you may have about our covers. See if your question is answered below; if not, feel free to contact us directly. We’d love to hear from you. For CandyShell Clear specific FAQs, click here.
- General Questions
- How can I file a warranty claim?
- How do I return my product for a refund?
- My phone broke while it was in a Speck case. Will you replace it?
- What does "Military-Grade Protection" really mean?
- Do you ship internationally?
- What is the best time to reach you?
- How can I get a discount for my case?
- Product Availability
- You don't have a case for my phone. When will you be creating a product for my device?
- Where can I find a case that used to be on your website, but isn't available anymore?
- How can I tell if a product is in stock?
- Product Fit
- I have an adaptor or other accessory that won't fit with your case. What should I do?
- Do your iPhone 5s/5 cases also fit the iPhone 5c?
- Do your iPhone 6 cases also fit the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Do your cases for Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 fit the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and S5 Active?
- Will your iGuy fit devices other than the Apple iPad?
- Will your MacBook Pro case fit my MacBook Pro with Retina display?
- Will your SmartShell and SeeThru cases fit all MacBook models?
- Other Product Questions
- How can I tell if I have a genuine Speck product?
- Where can I find instructions on how to apply, remove, or troubleshoot one of your cases?
- What is different about the SeeThru cases with a Satin Finish?
- How should I clean my non-fabric-backed case? (Ex: CandyShell, SmartShell for MacBook)
- How should I clean my fabric-backed case? (Ex: FabShell, patterned FitFolio, DuraFolio, Fitted)
How can I file a warranty claim?
Our products have a one-year warranty from the original purchase date with proof of purchase from an authorised reseller.
To begin a warranty claim, write your full name and the current date on a piece of paper and place your case near it. Take a quality photo of the case, honing in on the damaged area, being sure to also capture your name and date in the photo. Next, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your photo of the damaged case (showing your name and date as described above)
- A copy of your purchase receipt or Speck order number. Please note: We only process online orders on the SpeckProducts.co.uk website. For all other claims please go to www.speckproducts.com.
- A brief description of the issue
- Your delivery address and phone number
- A full description of your case, including: Device type, full product name, and colour. If your device is a MacBook, please include the size (e.g. 13" MacBook Pro Retina SmartShell Cabernet Red)
Providing all of the information above will help expedite the review of your claim. We will evaluate your claim (typically within 7-10 business days) to determine if it qualifies for a warranty replacement under our Limited Warranty and will contact you via email regarding the status of the claim.
PLEASE NOTE: All products returned to Speck will be subject to review for authenticity. Products determined to be counterfeit will be confiscated and turned over to Speck’s legal department for action. Counterfeit cases will not be returned or replaced and consumers should seek restitution from their original place of purchase.
Click here to learn more about counterfeit cases.Back To Top
How do I return my product for a refund?
If you purchased a case directly from Speck through our website www.speckproducts.co.uk and you’re dissatisfied for any reason, send it [link to returns page] back within fourteen (14) days of purchase in order to receive a refund.
Speck is not liable for products that are damaged or lost in transit to Speck. To learn more, visit our Returns & Refunds page.Back To Top
My phone broke while it was in a Speck case. Will you replace it?
We’re sorry to hear that. While our cases offer extra shock and impact protection from drops, we can’t guarantee that they will prevent any and all damage to the device. If you drop them hard enough, from high enough, or onto a sharp or protruding element, your device may still be damaged.
Since our one year Limited Warranty covers only Speck products, it won’t cover damage to any device or personal property.Back To Top
What does "Military-Grade Protection" really mean?
Speck has tested a number of its cases and determined that the identified cases meet or exceed certain standards often used by the military to determine effectiveness of protection. Cases that are labelled to provide “military-grade protection” have been tested against the MIL-STD-810G military standard for drop-tested protection, meaning they have gone through multiple drops from varying heights, and the phone has retained full functionality each time. To be clear, this does not mean that your devices will never break. If you drop them hard enough, or from high enough, or at just the wrong angle, your device may still be damaged.
Per our Limited Warranty, Speck has no liability for any damage or destruction to consumer electronic devices or other personal property that are in the products, including, without limitation, laptops, mobile phones, MP3 players, DVD players or handheld devices, or any loss of data contained in the foregoing devices.Back To Top
Do you ship internationally?
We ship to multiple other countries. Please find more details below:
- Through our Site (www.speckproducts.co.uk) the products are delivered in the UK except for the 'Isle of Man' or the 'Channel Islands'.
- Please use (www.speckproducts.com) for products to be delivered in the United States.
- Please use (www.speckproducts.de) for products to be delivered in Germany.
- Please use (www.speckproducts.fr) for products to be delivered in Monaco and mainland France (except Corsica and overseas territories).
- Please use (www.speckproducts.eu) for products to be delivered in Denmark, Sweden and Finland.
- Please use (www.speckproducts.eu/ch) for products to be delivered in Switzerland.
- Please use (www.speckproducts.eu/lu) for products to be delivered in Luxembourg.
What is the best time to reach you?
Our customer service team is available Monday to Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm GMT +1.
As our customer service team is located in Belgium we are closed on Belgian public holidays.Back To Top
How can I get a discount for my case?
Sometimes we surprise our newsletter subscribers and followers on social media with flash sales and giveaways. If you would like to have access to these exclusive deals and discounts, sign up for our newsletters at the bottom of the homepage.
(coupon codes are not valid on sale items, Best Buy® exclusives, and Coveroo custom cases)Back To Top
You don't have a case for my phone. When will you be creating a product for my device?
We’re always working to develop the best products for the world’s leading mobile devices. However, we’re not able to make cases for every device that’s released.
The best way for you to find out when we have cases coming out for new devices is by signing up for Speck newsletters. In addition to product announcements you’ll also receive exclusive discounts, company buzz, and the latest colours and styles for slim protective cases. Of course, you are able to opt out of our newsletters at any time, or select to only receive information for products that fit the devices you are interested in. Sign up at the bottom of our homepage.Back To Top
Where can I find a case that used to be on your website, but isn't available anymore?
It’s possible that we no longer carry that product. However, please be sure to check out our sale page in case you don’t see it anywhere else on the site.
You may find it by doing an internet search with your model number or product description, but please be aware that the Speck warranty only applies to purchases made from an authorised Speck reseller. If you would like to verify if a reseller is authorised, please contact us at email@example.com or at +44 203 7649210 (Monday - Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm GMT +1).Back To Top
I have an adaptor or other accessory that won't fit with your case. What should I do?
We test our cases with the original equipment manufacturers’ accessories such as earplugs and chargers (e.g. those that came with the device at the time of purchase). Our cases may also be compatible with third party accessory manufacturers, but there can be variances with these manufacturers that affect the fit. If you purchased through our online store within 14 days, you can return the case for a full refund, though we hope that won't be necessary.
Read more on our Returns & Refunds page.Back To Top
Do your iPhone 5s/5 cases also fit the iPhone 5c?
No, the iPhone 5c has a curved design while the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s have a square design. Make sure you pay attention to the device compatibility before purchasing a product.Back To Top
Do your iPhone 6 cases also fit the iPhone 6 Plus?
No, the iPhone 6 Plus is significantly larger than the iPhone 6.Back To Top
Do your cases for Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 fit the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and S5 Active?
No, our cases do not fit the "Active" devices. The Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5 have different dimensions and buttons compared to the Galaxy S4 Active and Galaxy S5 Active. Make sure you pay attention to the device compatibility before purchasing a product.Back To Top
Will your iGuy fit devices other than the Apple iPad?
iGuy was designed specifically for Apple products, so it will not provide any other devices custom-fit protection. We highly recommend only using our cases with the devices for which they were designed.Back To Top
Will your MacBook Pro case fit my MacBook Pro with Retina Display?
No, MacBook Pro with Retina display has different dimensions, ports, and plug-ins compared to the MacBook Pro. Some MacBook Pro cases may block access to the ports on your MacBook Pro with Retina display.
You should always select the MacBook case designed for your specific device.Back To Top
Will your SmartShell and SeeThru cases fit all MacBook models?
As a rule of thumb, our cases are designed to fit unibody (non-removable battery) MacBook 2009 and newer. To ensure that you are ordering the correct case, please check our Fit Guide to ensure that your MacBook is included on our fit list.Back To Top
Other Product Questions
How can I tell if I have a genuine Speck product?
You can check the legitimacy of your Speck case by visiting RealSpeck.com and going through the steps using the original authentication code found on your original Speck packaging. We are continually investigating and pursuing counterfeiters and resellers of counterfeit products. If you find that you have purchased a counterfeit Speck case, please submit your query to the link above so that we can prevent the future production of these cases.
Unfortunately, we cannot replace or accept returns of cases that are not genuinely Speck or that are not sold from an authorised Speck reseller.Back To Top
Where can I find instructions on how to apply, remove, or troubleshoot one of your cases?
Many of our product pages include a link to that product’s instructions. If you don’t see one, your next best bet would be to check out our YouTube or Vimeo channels and search the device + product you are trying to fit.
Here are some of our most searched for instructional videos:
- CandyShell + Faceplate
- CandyShell Card
- CandyShell Amped
- CandyShell View
- SmartFlex Card
- PixelSkin HD
- ShieldView for iPhone
What is different about the SeeThru cases with a Satin Finish?
SeeThru cases with a Satin Finish have a velvety feel to the case while other MacBook cases without this finish have a glossy, transparent look. When your laptop is turned on, the Apple logo will show through all cases.Back To Top
How should I clean my non-fabric-backed case? (Ex: CandyShell, SmartShell for MacBook)
We would suggest using a damp eyeglass quality cleaning cloth first. If that doesn’t remove all the dirt and/or fingerprints, then please remove the case and wash it with mild dish soap and water, then air dry thoroughly. If those options do not work, then try a Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser®. For dry ink marks, you may want to try an eraser from a mechanical pencil and then gently rub it with a dampened eyeglasses cloth. Do not use cleaners or solvents!Back To Top
How should I clean my fabric-backed case? (Ex: FabShell, patterned FitFolio, DuraFolio, Fitted)
We would suggest you remove the case and wash it gently with a cloth that has been lightly dampened with lukewarm water. Then air dry the case thoroughly before reinstalling it on the device. Do not use cleaners or solvents!Back To Top